December 2, 2010

$$$ FRUGAL FRIDAY $$$

To celebrate Scrap Our Stash's Birthday I am reposting some of our original Frugal Friday Tips.  This one was submitted by Design Team Member Joni last December. 

She said, when she has a layout in which she is going to use a 12x12 piece of paper as a "frame" and then have another piece of large paper behind it. She "cuts out" the back of the "frame" paper, so she has a nice "chunk" of the "frame" paper left to use later. This also helps reduce the bulk in her album.
Front of layout

Back of Layout
If you have an example of your use of this frugal tip or a frugal tip you would like to share - email it to scrappinpsycho@live.com . Come back for Frugal Friday - every Friday and let us help you stretch your scrapbook $.

10 comments:

  1. That's a great idea! This lets you make a great layout like yours and still have a big piece of cardstock for your next project. Way to save! I love the colors and the pretty border.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea, Joni! You then could use that square to create a double page layout or even a totally different page. What a way to stretch that buck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ususally end up using the "extra" piece as a mat, or journaling block, or to punch from or sometimes it just sits on my table and ends up being that "test paper" for my markers/stamps...etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this trick and use it often. A lot of times I will use all the little scraps to make cards when Im done my layout. Its super fast since I already know all the papers will work together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to save paper! I always feel like i "waste" more than i use!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! I've never thought of this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is someting I do frequently. It allows my PP to go a lot farther too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. a great way to save paper. it's certainly enough to be a bg for anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one of my favorite tips - It is especially helpful when you have limited paper and you want to use it for mats or to cut the title!

    ReplyDelete