August 3, 2010

August Challenge - Marilyn


Reader Marilyn submitted this layout for the August Flower Challenge. She said, "I am excited because I have three boys and very RARELY get to use flowers. But I just finished this page and I thought it turned out very nice and I was looking for a challenge to try with it.

My flowers are homemade, sort of! :) I used ribbon,chipboard flowers, circles, paper flowers, buttons, and brads. I basically just layered different aspects together and covered some with patterned paper to get the effect I wanted. Again, I can't get too frilly or girly with these boys! I especially like the use of tiny safety pins as the leaves. I have lots of these pins but I have never found a use for them that I really liked. All products are from Close to My Heart".

Now it's your turn to take the Flower Challenge. Just submit a project in which you've used any kind of flowers. Email a picture of your project along with a description (or tutorial if you want) to scrappinpsycho@live.com. See all the details in August Challenge below.
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

  1. Marylin, I was drawn by the colors right away as they are so fresh with those great photos (in the flowers lol). I have noticed in a lot of layouts that flowers are used consistently with male layouts but I have avoided it primarily myself...well until just recently when I did "Jack in the Garden." I bet you were glad for the chance to use pink too huh? LOL I really do love it and I love the flowers! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! those colors really pop! I love the flowers in your title.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marilyn.....LOVE this layout! Love those photos and the "tilt" really draws your eye. Cute flowers too!! Thanks for sharing with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marilyn, i hear ya! Having lots of boys in my family, i also rarely get to use flowers! I think you did a great job making your layout still feel masculine! Thanks for playing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I love the title and how you emphasized the flowers with the details!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great - I love all the color and the title (I may have to lift that one). What a brilliant idea to use the safety pins as leaves. (Another thing for me to lift). The flowers are great too!

    Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the concept of piecing your flower together from your stash...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am encouraged about flowers and boys. I thought flowers were out of the question unless I scrap my great-niece. Maybe I can rethink this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This page is just full of creativity! I love everything about it and that it is about your boys and fun is even better! Great job with the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE this layout! Boys are not. My cousin always uses flowers on her boy pages. I love the colors too! Your boys are very handsome! Thanks for joining us this month.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE your page! Love how you created your flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete