September 6, 2010

September Challenge - Denise


Reader Denise submitted this layout for the September Challenge. She said, "I have fallen behind on Lara's lifebook (bad mommy) but now that school is getting started I'm planning on getting caught up. I lead a lifebook group and the goal is to make one lifebook page a month. Here is a page I finished yesterday. The bit of orange blur near the stamp on the page is text I hid, as it is her information to share, not mine. I got lots of inspiration for this through challenge blogs. I used a sketch from Sassy 'Lil Sketches (love it!), the colors from The Play Date Cafe, pearls and lace from Simon Says Stamp, layers from Simon Says Stamp, and the border punch challenge here. The lace was originally white but I sprayed it with glimmer mist to match my color scheme".

Now it's your turn to take the border punch challenge. See all the details in September Challenge below.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. That border punch you chose adds such elegance to the page

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous page! I love the rich colors.The tag with the country and flag is a gerat touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Denise!!! You really outdid yourself on this layout. Really love the China "tag"...so cool how you did that. Your use of the punch really helped make this layout special. Great job girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh...Denise!!! This is GORGEOUS!!! Love the colors and that photo is tooooo darling. Love your borders!! I'm so glad you shared this special layout with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful page! I love the soft, muted colors. It really makes your photo stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is sooo cute - and so is your little one. I'm sure she will cherish this one day.

    Your color combo is great and I love how you put the 2 borders together in 2 different colors.

    Thanks so much for sharing with us here!~

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! Love the two strips of border!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the layout! The border is a great touch!

    ReplyDelete