December 6, 2010

Pagerize This #4

Play My Music by Dawn is our 4th Page to be "pagerized" in our "Pagerizie This" Challenge 
Each month on the 15th we will post a new layout for you to "pagerize" (plagerize, copy, lift, steal) whatever term you want to use. The idea will be - to use the posted layout as your inspiration to create your own layout. You can "pagerize" as much or as little of the original layout as you choose. You may want to make a layout just like the one posted - or you may just want to use something about the layout as your inspiration. It's totally up to you.As winner of the Pagerize This Challenge #3 - Dawn is our new Pagerizer!

Dawn Said:
"I am so honored and excited! This was so much fun and I loved seeing everyone's take on the challenge." While I love the look of one image LOs, reality is that most of the things that I scrap need to have more than one picture on the LO. So, I have chosen a LO that incorporates 3 pictures, as well as some other things that I love adding to my LOs: chipboard, rub-ons, doodling and music lyrics.

We are a big musical family; my DH has been drumming in rock bands since high school; our DD is a music junkie and takes voice lessons; our DS is following in Daddy's footsteps and already has his own drum kit. I took piano when I was a kid, but am the photographer and groupie for the rest of them now. Our tween DD is a huge Jonas Bros fan, so the lyrics to "Play My Music" were perfect for a LO that shows something that ties them all together. The background doodle paper is from DCWV Rock Star stack. Chipboard shapes are Tim Holtz grungeboard painted with acrylic white; chipboard letters are Thickers; rub on letters are Making Memories.

I hope you can find some inspiration in this LO, whether it be the idea of using lyrics on a LO; using multiple pictures on a LO to show a common family bond, doodling ... have fun with it!


Posted by PicasaOnce you've completed your layout - email a picture and brief description to scrappinpsycho@live.com  All entries will be posted here at Scrap Our Stash. The challenge runs through midnight central time on December 12th. The "Pagerizer" (in this case Dawn), will then choose a winner from all the entries. The winner will be announced on December 14th. Then the winner will be asked to submit a layout for us to "Pagerize" starting on the 15th of December. Then on the 12th of January - the winner will be chosen by the winner of the "Pagerize This Challenge #4" and on and on it goes.


So your challenge - if you choose to accept it - is to use Dawn's layout as your inspiration.

12 comments:

  1. Dawn awesome layout to scraplift!! Congrats on being the winner!! We are so proud of you over at Serenity Scrappers. I am going to take on your challenge! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it! I can't wait to try my hand! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn, it is such a great layout to steal! Ton's of fun things to try to use. Can't wait to get started!! Congrats on winning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I already have ideas. It's just a matter of deciding which one. I'm thinking rock band family photos or concert pics. And even have that same stack and that particular sheet looks like one that would be more challenging for me so I'm thinking it would be a good idea to follow it closely. We'll see what I end up with, you just never know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like a real challenge for me - I like doodling - but always stay clear - never know I may just have to s t r e a t c h a little!

    Congratualtions on winning - and thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun layout! I hope I have time to pagerize it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on winning!! This is such a fun lo!! I hope I can try to pagerize it too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This page is AWESOME! The elements fit together just perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great choice! I can't wait to try my hand at pagerizing you...maybe I can work this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. your Page is just so beautiful. i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on getting picked! :D I can't wait to take your lo and run with it! I'm going to take all of your suggestions, the theme (music), use of lyrics, and the LO! I sure hope mine will dazzle as much as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome Layout! Love your journaling and how the pictures are all tied together. Great way to share their passion for music.

    ReplyDelete