December 23, 2010

December Challenge and Frugal Friday Tip by Malina




Posted by PicasaDesign Team Member Malina submitted this card for the December Birthday Challenge.   She said, this project is a Birthday card I made for my son's birthday...I had never done anything of this sort before but I had lots of scraps of Birthday papers, stickers and embellies left from my daughter's birthday album and I had an image forming in my mind. It actually took several hours to do this because cards are not my thing especially when I am constructing from a fragment of an idea in my own mind with nothing to reference. This pop-up card stands over 7 inches tall and has a wide base to support it. I attempt to show three views of it and so the colors are varied as is the exposure but you can see the project quite well. I used thickers for his name and since I did not like the color of the thickers I had I altered with Stickles and then took the Stickles to the border. I used my Cricut to cut a 4 but handcut the stickers from the coordinating cardstock and then coupled with foam adhesive pop ups to create my own coordinating stickers.


That brings me to a Frugal Friday tip: It is simple to create your own epoxy stickers and 3-D stickers with a few items. Turn a tag, piece of cardstock pattern, die cut or anything else into a sticker. Using Glossy accents or Diamond Glaze cover the item for an epoxy look and use foam stickers to pop off the project. A 3-D effect is achieved when using 2 die cut shapes and raising one shape over the other with foam adhesives. OR use Glue Dots pop up dots...as the Glue Dots, these adhesives provide a super strong hold!

If you use this tip - and would like to share your page - just email it to Scrappinpsycho@live.com.  We will post it here.  Do you have a frugal tip you'd like to share?  Send it along with a picture to scrappinpsycho@live.com and you could be featured for a future Frugal Friday tips. 

Don't miss the December Birthday Challenge - see all the details Here.  Also, don't miss our Pagerize This Challenge details Here.  

4 comments: