December 17, 2010

December Challenge by Joni

Hi...Joni here again!!  You know, I wanted to share on of my favorite things that I TRY to remember to do every year before my son's Birthday.... On the DAY BEFORE his birthday, I try to have a little quick photo shoot... (This year, I actually remembered right at bedtime..so he's even in his PJ's)...      Then I do a layout called "Last Day of xx"...  So I've done this twice this year...Once just for the challenge here... I used Sassafras Count me In line and since the papers were a strange color (well, strange for me/pastelly...), I opted for a black & white photo.   Since my son's birthday was back in September, I'd actually already done this layout once (using a diff photo from the same night), but used a slightly different title.....but I'll share it here too, if you don't mind (I used a sketch from Sketch Savvy). -- 


So, my subtle advice.... remember those "pre-b-day" photos..  they're fun to scrap ..(oh...especially "last day of 1" or "last day of terrible 2"...)   Enjoy!!!




Now it's your turn to take the Birthday Challenge.  See all the details in December Challenge below.
And don't miss our Pagerize This Challenge - details below.

8 comments:

  1. Oh I love both of your layouts! they are just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat idea to take photos of his last day at each age. Both pages are wonderful! I am always a sucker for owls...they just make any page cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea - I must try to remember to take that picture.

    Love your layouts - especially the 2nd one - love how you did your title and the banners!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that idea! I'm going to try to do that this year! Beautiful layouts too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that idea. I take last day of school and both of my boys on my eldest's birthday. I like the "last" though, it is a cute idea. Cute LO also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea Joni! Where were you 17 years ago? I have 3 girls 18, 10 and 8. I guess I missed Emma's birthday this year just passed on the 3rd. I will definitely do this from now on. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  7. btw I love your layouts too! The owls rock!

    ReplyDelete