December 13, 2010

December Challenge by Stacy H-W














Design Team Member Stacy submitted this layout for the December Birthday Challenge.  She said, "This was a special, fun challenge for me.

My layout is of my dd on her first birthday. It was extra special to us because we adopted her from Taiwan and this is the exact day we were able to go there and get her. It was her 1st birthday and her "Gotcha Day".

We were so lucky that another family was there and took these great pictures of our family and shared them with us.


The nannies at St. Lucy Center had gotten a cake for her and the other kids that had birthday's that month. They put out boiled eggs and tomatoes too.

It was a wonderful day for my husband and I and an overwhelming one for my daughter. She is now 8 and really happy with this layout!

Now it's your turn to submit your Birthday project for the December Birthday Challenge.  See all the details in the December Challenge (link).

7 comments:

  1. Stacy...love the story...and really love how your layout is seperated vertically...really nice touch!! I'm going to try that!~!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cake is awesome! Love the colors you chose for your LO. What a sweet story. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the red accents! What a special day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stacy - how cool that you were able to celebrate YOUR babies 1st Birthday with her, and how fortunate to have a photographer present!

    Great layout - I like how you put your journaling on a tag in a pocket!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now *that* is a cake, it's bigger than any one of the birthday tots!
    I really like the use of the journalling pocket, so the writing doesn't take away from any of those beautiful pictures.
    What a great memory!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your family! I am sure she is happy to have this layout to look back on and have you tell her your story.

    ReplyDelete