December 16, 2010

Frugal Friday - Recycling Bags by Ren-Yi

Design Team member Ren-Yi submitted this Frugal Friday Tip. She said, "I made this bag for an Embellish Challenge but there is a Frugal-tastic Element to it: Recycling.


I had saved this William Sonoma bag from a purchase since its form factor was so unique.


Embellished Wine Gift Bag

Slender, tall - perfect for a wine bottle. I also tend to save things and want to refurbish it and never get around to it ;) Also known as pack rat behavior. So this challenge was the perfect motivator. So with the color combo poster, I went to town. Thanks, Embellish!

Embellished Wine Gift Bag

Here's an up-close look of the bag's label. Don't you love Waltzingmouse Stamps Rescue Remedies? The "Syrup of Kindness" makes the perfect label for a wine bottle.

Embellished Wine Gift Bag


The wine gift bag would make a good hostess gift and not so much of a host ;) Do you have examples on how to revamp your purchase bags into gift bags? If so, let's see 'em. Send your example to scrappinpsycho@live.com and we will post it here. Or, do you have a frugal tip to share - email a picture and a description, you could be featured as a future Frugal Friday Tip.

10 comments:

  1. Excellent idea! On a less frugal note... I *want* that stamp set. ;O)It's perfect... brings it all together beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh I love this idea! Super cute and easy to do, you did a great job! I also "need" that stamp set :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea - great way to re-cycle! You did a great job!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I've reused gift bags from my kids bday parties before but I've never thought about re-cycling paper bags into gift bags, I am totally doing this. Thanks for the tip!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great idea...frugal yet something that anyone would love to get their gift inside of!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great reuse of the bag! I love saving things to reuse as well. Love your colors and that stamped label.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everyone - thanks for your lovely comments!
    Sarah Cooper, down_memory_lane - the frugal-tastic way would be to share your stamp set w/ a local crafter and make sure to order enough to get free ship ;)

    ReplyDelete