December 11, 2010

Pagerize Dawn by Christy

 Design Team Member Christy submitted this layout for the Pagerize This Challenge.  She said, "Since this month's theme at Scrap our Stash is all about birthdays, I decided that now would be a great opportunity to finish off my son's tenth birthday photos. I also used my new birthday present, a sizzix texture boutique, to make an embellishment for the page. While gifts are a great thing about birthday's, the best gift for me, as a parent, is giving them to my son. His joy sparks mine and inspired the journaling for this page.


In my take of the pagerize challenge, I chose to use wallet size photos and to place them into groups. I pagerized the placement of my pictures like those of Dawn's. although I did omit one.

Rather than regular birthday theme papers, I chose paper from My Mind's Eye's complete boy collection and embellisments and trim from Making memories Just' Chillin' Boy collection. The bingo card was made on coredinations cardstock with a Tim Holtz folder.Small star brads finally found a way out of my stash and onto the paper to add to the star motif. I hand stitched around a star on the lower right corner to add some color and texture. I actually fussy cut that star from the above patterned paper strip. The bingo card hides the hole perfectly.

Another stash saver I utilized here was the method in which I matted the photos. It also saved me time. I simply chose to leave a small border of white photo paper around each photo when I cropped it from the main sheet.


If you want the recipe for a fast, fun page than pagerizing is a great way to go. The inspiration is right there for you to take and make your own. We'd love to see your version of the challenge...so don't forget to send it in!"

The Pagerize This Challenge ends at midnight December 12th, so hurry!  See all the details HERE.

8 comments:

  1. Christy,
    this turned out super cute. I really love how you get the most out of your stuff! I would never thing to fussy cut the star out of the paper and then hide the hole with the bingo card! Great idea!! Stacy H-W

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christy, very cute layout!! I love that paper collection and I love your fussy cut star! I have been eyeing that TH bingo folder and it looks great on your layout! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you used Dawn's layout but yet made your's totally your own. Great idea on the star - and I love the stitching - it adds so much dimension to your page.

    Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love this page. Great idea on the use of the Tim Holtz folder. Anything My Mind's Eye is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like how you placed the wallet-size photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice Layout! He looks so excited, love all the pictures. Tim Holtz Bingo is a great way to hide your star hole. It's good to be frugal.

    ReplyDelete