December 18, 2010

Show and Tell Sunday -Quick Grid Layouts by Christy

I think anyone who scrapbooks laments that there is never enough time to get every photo scrapped and in an album. Couple that with how hectic the holidays can become as we rush to bake treats and pull off holiday magic. It can make you get cranky. So this month, I carved out a little time for me and made some quick pages. They are not the heavily embellished, "tons of thought poured into them" type of pages I often do. Yet, they both give me the satisfaction of a page done and they have visual appeal. I always enjoy seeing my pages finished and then getting to show them off to my husband.


   This page is actually the right side of the two page layout. I used the Crate Paper North Pole Collection. It was nice to have all the paper and Embellishments right there ready to go. The grid pattern while simplistic, is appealing to the eye. The small chipboard circle says " Oh Christmas tree on it." I thought it was perfect for the photo of the trimmed tree. Note the direction of striped paper going in a on this page. It's placed so the stripes go downward. On left hand page, the stripes flow horizontally.



That coupled with all of the photos of my son facing toward the left draw the eye down and across the page. When completing quick pages, try to keep it simple and don't let yourself get caught up in the paper and embellishment selection. Just go with what you have. Over time, you'll get more relaxed about your selections and will find you have a lot more layouts done.

Do you want to share something - check out the Show N' Tell Sunday on the sidebar for details.

4 comments:

  1. Nice layouts! You can get the point and memory across with quick, stress-free layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome - I like the clean line of the template. Thanks for the reminder that pages can be done quick - and easy! Sometimes I forget that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these. I love the clean lined looked of them. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete