December 11, 2010

Show 'N Tell Sunday by Missy


This project was for my blog's 25 Days of {homemade} Christmas gifts. I saw a similar set of wooden blocks at a store for about $15. I made these for free since I was able to raid my hubbys scrap wood stash! I made the word JOY since I had three blocks, but you could do anything, Welcome, a last name, or a baby's name for their room!
For this project I used;

wood blocks
scrapbook paper and trimmer
Modge Podge
Cricut letters
Martha Stewart branch punch
acrylic craft paint and brush
sandpaper

Start by making sure your blocks are smooth. Use your sandpaper to round off the edges. When you are done, paint your blocks. I didn't paint where my paper is going to be just to save time and paint.



Cut your scrapbook paper to fit your blocks. You can always just paint the entire block instead of using paper. I used a corner punch to round off the edges. Use Modge Podge to glue your paper to the blocks.




Decorate your blocks. I used my Cricut Storybook cartridge to cut out these letters. I also added some branches punched out using the Martha Stewart branch punch.



You don't have to make all the blocks the same. You can alter between two or three designs. Or make them all different! Just make it your own way!

6 comments:

  1. These are super cute - and look easy - MAYBE next year! :)

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missy, these are so great! And looks totally doable. I will print this and try to do it next year or for another holiday. Thanks for sharing this great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute...and looks so easy! I am sure you will enjoy it for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute set of blocks! I have a "block" project on my to-do list and you have shown me just how easy it can be!

    ReplyDelete