March 19, 2011

March Dust it Off Challenge by Karen


Design Team Member Karen submitted this layout for the March Dust it Off Challenge.  She said:

Hi! As promised a LO with a hand cut title. My first thought when I heard the challenge for this month was- what am I going to do?  All the other ladies seemed to have various machinery they could dust off and use again but, I have never bought any machinery accept my sewing machine, which I use regularly. I thought about using some of my old stash but it didn't seem very exciting so instead I went for a technique I used to use all the time when I started scrapbooking.  I had a collection of fonts on my computer that I downloaded from free sites and I would print out the titles for my LOs in whatever size I wanted and then trace them onto patterned paper and cut them out (tracing rather than printing directly onto the paper was a bit more economical with the patterned paper).  Anyway it has been such a long time since I did this. We had updated our computer and all the fonts had been lost, so I had to download a few again. The font I chose to use was called Bounty and I printed the title off at font size 200! To update the look a bit I decided to overlap the letters and stitch through them. Hope you like it.

Karen

Now it's your turn to take the March Dust it Off Challenge. See all the details HERE!

Be sure to scroll down the page - Scrap Our Stash posts something new everyday.
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

  1. I love this - that picture is sooooo awesome - it really put's the size difference in perspective.

    The I love how you blocked it - and the title and the circle are perfect!

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the title - and the stitching through the letters - perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the different patterns in your title. The photo is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great reminder of that old alpha technique..I haven't done that for a while either!! LOVE LOVE the photo and those circles w dimension...I couldn't figure out what the "blue" was to the left of those 3 circles.. .so I enlarged it and realized it was the shadow from where those are sticking up!! LOVE THAT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!! I really like how you did the circles and gave them dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Title is great and love the stitching across it too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun page! I love the stitched title and the dimensional circles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable!!! I love all the white space and the different papers that you used. The hand cut title looks awesome and I really like the sewing across it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just LOVE what you did with the title!! And what a neat pic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great title! This challenge is great! Some techniques are old to some people and brand new to others, I must try that. Love the stitching through the letter and the dimensional circles! K x

    ReplyDelete