April 13, 2011

April Bring in the Sun Challenge by Malina

 Design Team Member Malina submitted this layout for the April Bring in the Sun Challenge.  She said:

Thinking of bright sunny days cannot be helped with this layout which I created for a special album I am working on...an alphabetical "You Are My..." for the children. Even though I used two very similar photos I felt they worked great in this design. Each ray of sunshine is an individual strip cut from cardstock which is varied in shades of yellow and orange. Using a sewing machine I stitched different patterns in red so that everything would pop and complimented the color scheme with these awesome vinyl thicker stickers. I created the clouds from two different Sizzix dies and provided some depth with chalking inks to everything on the page. Thank goodness I have sunshine from these two to get me through dreary mid-west winters!

Now it's your turn to take the April Bring in the Sun Challenge. See all the details HERE!

Be sure to scroll down the page - Scrap Our Stash posts something new everyday.

7 comments:

  1. There is so much wonderfully rich detail on your page! It's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is so pretty! i just love the huge sun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Malina,
    This is gorgeous!! I love how you did the sun...perfection!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet page! I love the rays and how you sewed on them! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout! Looks like you are soaking up the sun rays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the bright Sunshine colors of this - you did an awesome job - love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the big sun!! This page is really striking!! (in a good way!)

    ReplyDelete