August 3, 2011

August Re-Do Challenge by Stacy H-W




Hi! It's Stacy here with my take on the Scrap Our Stash August Re-Do Challenge. I decided to scraplift a layout I made of my wedding rehearsal dinner. I turned the "sketch" and used a photo of my dd.

I don't normally re-do my projects so this was actually a challenge for me. First I had to decide which layout I wanted to use for my inspiration. That took me forever! LOL But finally I settled on this one of my hubby and I.

Next, I had to decide which photo to use on the new layout. I am traveling and don't really have very many photos printed out here to use so I was happy to find this one of my dd.

I used paper from the Crate Paper Samantha kit. I used bling from Prima, alphas from My Mind's Eye, and buttons from Doodlebug Design Inc. The rest of the goodies were from my stash.

 I like how it turned out. Maybe I will do this again sometime. How about you?? Ready yet to do the challenge for this month?? Go get busy because we are dying to see what you can show us!! lol

See all the details on the August Re-Do Challenge and how you can become a future Guest Design Team Member HERE!

Be sure to scroll down, Scrap Our Stash posts something new everyday!

9 comments:

  1. Great way to use the challenge and I love the way your layout turned out! That background paper really leads the eye right to your photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you get to scrap while you travel! That never seems to happen for me!LOL I think it's a great idea to scraplift past Lo's that are favourites. Your page came out wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, scraplifting past favorites is a great idea. Your pages are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute. Love your take on the redo and your bling flourishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great re-do, the way you have turned the sketch around makes it totally new. Great colours as well. I am wondering how you manage to travel with stash! K x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea to just use an older layout as your inspiration. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your take ... great use of the sketch on a re-do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both layouts are awesome! I like the layered papers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute layouts! I love that you pagerized one of your own favorite layouts! Great job!

    ReplyDelete