January 19, 2012

January New Challenge by Kathryn

Design Team Member Kathryn submitted this layout for the January New challenge. She said:


Happy New Year!! I hope everyone had a lovely holiday?
We have had a few ‘new’ things this past year, but the biggest was definitely my daughter Emma starting school after over 4 years at nursery. She looked such a big girl in her uniform! I have also had a go at a new technique - handstitching each piece of paper onto the layout. I do have a small sewing machine, but never got beyond being able to thread it!! I think I’ll have another go now as I don’t want to hand stitch all those panels of paper again, especially when I started having to go through 3 layers. At the time it never occurred to me to just stitch around the single pieces before I stuck them down! Ah, well, you live and learn, LOL.
Have a lovely January
K x

Now it's your turn to take the January NEW Challenge. The January Challenge is anything doing with NEW - it could be a new tool, a new product, a new technique, or the project could have somehing to do with NEW - like New Years Eve - Our New Home, etc!. Anything goes! Have fun sharing something NEW with us.To participate in the January NEW Challenge - just email a picture of your project along with a description to Scrappinpsycho@live.com

 All submissions will be posted to The Scrap Our Stash blog and on January 31st a winner will be chosen, and given the opportunity to be a Guest Design Team Member for the month of March. This challenge ends at midnight central time January 31st.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. Great layout, I like the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's a lot of hand stitching but what a nice effect it gives. Nice layering too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your colors are great! That is a LOT of hand stitching but it looks fab! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hand stitching always add so much to the look of a page. It looks great here! Your DD looks so sweet in that photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really impressed that you took the time to do all that hand-stitching. Lovely layout - your daughter looks happy to be going to school despite the rain. I like the concertina flowers and that giant number one is fab.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore the stitching around the layout elements. What an adorable photo! She looks so proud & happy. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is super cute - love all the layering and the title work. I may have to pagerize this for one of my 1st day of school pages!

    ReplyDelete