March 15, 2012

March GREEN Challege by Stacy

Hello everyone!!  Stacy here today and I want to show you a Purse gift bag I made for this months Green Challenge.

I started with an Anthony & Burt - My Heart Belongs To You stamp set from Crafter's Companion which I stamped out and colored with my new ridiculously reasonably priced Spectrum Noir alcohol ink markers.  See...Burt is green!!!!   lol

After coloring the image I fussy cut those little rascals out and set them aside.  Next I stamped out the sentiment and used my Cuttlebug and some dies to cut graduating ovals. 

I want to show you how I made the "purse".  First I started with a 12"x12" piece of pattern paper. I turned it over and marked my lines on the back of the paper.  Most of the measurements are 2" so it is easy to remember.  Start by marking a horizontal line halfway down the paper at 6".  And another two horizontal lines 1 inch to either side of this line you have made at the middle of the paper. (these will be fold lines)

Next you will measure two inches in from each side and make two vertical lines.


To make those slanted lines you should measure from the outer horizontal lines 2 inches and then draw the line up into the corner where the vertical line and the horizontal line meet.  Do this at all 4 corners around the page.  (see the photo)

Next you will need to score all of these fold lines.


Now fold and adhere the sides.  I added ribbon for the handles by punching a hole through the side of the bag and adding a brad through the bag and ribbon.  Decorate your bag however you like.   I edge punched card stock to finish off the top of the bag and then added the stamped image and the sentiment.

I really like how it turned out.  I hope you were a little inspired to go out and be creative today.  Now it is your turn to do our March Green Challenge.  We can't wait to see what you come up with for this challenge. 

Until next time...happy scrapping.


12 comments:

  1. This is so cute! And what a great project idea - TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is adorable! Love the papers you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great project! Thanks for posting the tutorial too! It turned out so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable project! I love it! Thanks so much sharing the "how to" with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun project! Thanks so much for sharing such great instructions on how to make one for ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is super cute. You make it look so easy! Thanks for the tutorial. You never know when I might need it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is adorable! Thank you for posting the tutorial too because I am definitely going to give that a try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Stacy, the purse is lovely. Reading through your post I gathered that Burt is the cute frog. Your instructions are nice and clear. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very cool way to make a personalized gift bag!

    ReplyDelete
  10. GREAT PURSE!

    And thanks for having the tutorial for the rest of us!

    La Vikinga

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea for a gift bag. Love how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an adorable purse! I like the border along the top.

    ReplyDelete