March 12, 2012

March GREEN Challenge by Angela


Guest Design Team Member Angela submitted this layout for the March GREEN Challenge.  She said:

Green is one of my favorite colors, so I was excited to dive into this month's challenge! I went with an olive-y green (my favorite shade), paired with this cute instagram photo of my hubby (wearing green) and one of our cats (who has [how convenient!] green eyes).




I hit up my stash for some green and came up with some older Cosmo Cricket papers (from Girl Friday and Boyfriend), plus some touches of yellow from an old Basic Grey doily, some old Sassafras alphas, and a totally random brad. The newest items are the kraft alphas (Pebbles) and border sticker (Studio Calico), along with the white-embossed stamp (Studio Calico/Hero Arts). Some bits of stitching here and there and I called it good!


I'd like to thank Kathy and the Scrap Our Stash team for the chance to guest design this month. Fun times! Hope you all get a chance to play along. If you'd like to see more of my work, you can find me at the Paper Cupboard papercupboard.blogspot.com


Now it's your turn to take the March GREEN Challenge. The March Challenge is anything to do with GREEN. It could be a project using the color Green, or about being "green" - or you could use the word Green in your title. The possibilities are endless. Anything goes! So think GREEN and take the challenge. To participate in the March GREEN Challenge - just email a picture of your project along with a description to Scrappinpsycho@live.com

All submissions will be posted to The Scrap Our Stash blog and on March 31st a winner will be chosen, and given the opportunity to be a Guest Design Team Member for the month of May. This challenge ends at midnight central time on March 31st.

Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

  1. Great mix of patterns on this layout and I'm really liking that border!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your title and the stitching! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your product choices. The alpha background looks amazing. Love the stitching in your title. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all those letters and the title!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool layout! I love the number background. It makes your page look more masculine. Thanks for sharing your green challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great LO, I love the white alpha lettering in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome layout Angela! I love the use of alphas! So much texture!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful combo of green pattern papers with the hints of brown. Great LO!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great male themed layout - like the mix of greens and browns and the the way you've used the alphas is inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dito to everyone else's comments about the color and the letters making this very masculine. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice layout! Love the way you worked the alphabets!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this pp from Cosmo Cricket; it's a great one to use with any masculine LO. I also love your sentiment and the fun way that the letters are outlined.

    ReplyDelete