March 17, 2012

March GREEN Challenge by Elizabeth


Design Team Member Elizabeth submitted this card for the March Green Challenge.  She said:

For the March challenge I decided to celebrate spring with a collage style card using one of my favourite colour combinations - shades of greens and lilacs.
I know it looks as though I've just dipped into my stash and pulled out a few items and thrown it together but, not so :) My starting off point was a new IndigoBlu stamp, March hares boxing/frolicking ... very evocative of spring. The rest of the card was inspired by Jane Millard’s article on making collage cards (in the January edition of Quick Cards Made Easy Magazine). The combination of collage and shabby chic style really appealed to me, especially as, by using bits and bobs from my stash mountain, it doesn't have to 'blow the budget'.
Hope you like,
Elizabeth
Now it's your turn to take the March GREEN Challenge. The March Challenge is anything to do with GREEN. It could be a project using the color Green, or about being "green" - or you could use the word Green in your title. The possibilities are endless. Anything goes! So think GREEN and take the challenge. To participate in the March GREEN Challenge - just email a picture of your project along with a description to Scrappinpsycho@live.com

All submissions will be posted to The Scrap Our Stash blog and on March 31st a winner will be chosen, and given the opportunity to be a Guest Design Team Member for the month of May. This challenge ends at midnight central time on March 31st.

12 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful! So soft, dreamy, and romantic (and of course springy). I really struggle with collage, so I especially appreciate your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! I love all the layering and frilly accents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this color combo!!! Your card is very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to use up stash - and try a new technique. Like the color combo too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a pretty lo Elizabeth! That is one of my favorite color combinations. I love the punches used!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute card! Very springy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card, and I love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fine card - does not look as a gathering of stash at all! I like the theme of white lace in different styles!!!

    La Vikinga in Sweden send a greeting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That card is gorgeous. Love all the lacy look!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty little card. Love all the lace and the bunny silhouettes are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely adore your vintage card! All those lovely lace and doily layers, really pretty. Love these colours too K x

    ReplyDelete