March 7, 2012

March GREEN Challenge by Tamara

 Design Team Member Tamara submitted this layout for the March GREEN Challenge.  She said:

I knew exactly what I wanted to scrap when I heard we were doing anything green. I had the opportunity to go to Ireland with my parents in 2002. It was a very fun trip. Here is one of the castle's that we visited. I used several photos because I didn't want any detail left out. I used food coloring on the wooden heart because I was at the cabin and only had white paint. LOL It worked! Paint is used on the edges and the border. I made a giant tag for journaling. I have a little stash of supplies at the cabin so I grabbed whatever would work. Buttons, trims and all. Fun challenge. Hope you will be inspired as well.

Tamara http://scrappinsmiles-myblog.blogspot.com/

Now it's your turn to take the March GREEN Challenge. The March Challenge is anything to do with GREEN. It could be a project using the color Green, or about being "green" - or you could use the word Green in your title. The possibilities are endless. Anything goes! So think GREEN and take the challenge. To participate in the March GREEN Challenge - just email a picture of your project along with a description to Scrappinpsycho@live.com

All submissions will be posted to The Scrap Our Stash blog and on March 31st a winner will be chosen, and given the opportunity to be a Guest Design Team Member for the month of May. This challenge ends at midnight central time on March 31st.

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

  1. What a fantastic opportunity! Your photos are amazing! Glad you got a chance to scrap them for this challenge. Really great arrangement of your photos and embellishments! The little shamrock is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scrappin' your 'limited' Stash with style! Love how the heart turned out. (Technique Tuck & File!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the buttons and twine. Smart to think of the food coloring. Great lo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you did an awesome job! The heart is fabulous! Your photos are amazing! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it came out awesome! I never would have thought to use food colouring like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tamara, this double layout is just the most perfect thing for the Green Challenge this month!!! I think it is wonderful. Wish I could go to Ireland.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice layout, I love how you improvised with the food coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great - and what could be more appropriate for a green layout!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great layout, your photo arrangement works so well. I never knew that food colouring could be used as a wood dye! K x

    ReplyDelete