March 6, 2012

March GREEN Challenge by Wendy K.

Design Team Member Wendy K. submitted this project for the March GREEN Challenge.  She said:


I really don't like to scrap with the color green so I interpreted this green as in recycling.  I altered a Laughing Cow cheese container (anyone on Weight Watchers will recognize this!)  Here's what it looks like before:

And this is what it looks like after:

I painted it first with Making Memories paint inside and out.  
Then I just covered with papers and embellished.  The flowers were made with the Close to My Heart Art Philosophy cartridge which I am so in love with and has made my Cricut pay for itself.  I didn't use Mod Podge to cover it because it is thin cardboard and I am afraid that it may warp.  It did a little when I painted in (around the inside rim) but not bad.  My daughter wanted this container for her scrapbook desk but it could also be used for jewelry or a set of circle cards or many other things.  Full details on My Scrapbooking Blog.

Now it's your turn to take the March GREEN Challenge. The March Challenge is anything to do with GREEN. It could be a project using the color Green, or about being "green" - or you could use the word Green in your title. The possibilities are endless. Anything goes! So think GREEN and take the challenge. To participate in the March GREEN Challenge - just email a picture of your project along with a description to Scrappinpsycho@live.com


All submissions will be posted to The Scrap Our Stash blog and on March 31st a winner will be chosen, and given the opportunity to be a Guest Design Team Member for the month of May. This challenge ends at midnight central time on March 31st.

9 comments:

  1. Turned out gorgeous, no way you would know what was under all that pretty to start. LOVE those flowers. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. REally great project! I love how you embellished it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! What a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Cute!! I love the idea of recycling those laughing cow containers!! Why didn't I think of that?? lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this recycled container the flowers and the diamantes look so classy. I can understand why your daughter wants it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Love the flowers and bling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a really cute project! The laughing cow is a fvaourite here in our home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Love the bling and the flowers. You would never know it was a cheese container now!

    ReplyDelete