October 2, 2016

"The Wild West" Layout by DT Steffanie Seiler

Hello and thank you for stopping by to check out today's incredible feature.
SOS Designer Steffanie created the layout below inspired by our 
Steffanie:
"Good October morning to you all! I'm excited to share this layout with and my thought trail on how I got from book inspiration to my layout. Well, here it is. First of all, I noticed the clock. The clock got me thinking about time. The old style hat and key made me think of a time past and the window made me think of a window into the past. All of this led me to these photos of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad in Disneyland. This roller-coaster is set in a fictitious mining company in the early days of the American Gold Rush. And there you have it...how I got from book to layout! Adding the twine in this way I think helps to convey the feeling of being in the old west, kind of like rope. Now it's your turn---have fun with it!"

Here's the challenge...for complete details and rules, click HERE
There is lots of inspiration to draw from this month's book cover.   Create a page, link it up with us and show us what inspired you?   Our team would love to see what you come up with.   

Make sure you return tomorrow for another day of Design Team inspiration.

Enjoy the rest of your day!

1 comment: